Monday, January 23, 2012

Not yet

A few have wondered whether the "Ex-Dem" thing has run its course and whether I'd be removing it in the run-up to the 2012 Presidential festivities.

My answer? Not just yet. For now, it stays as-is.

Oh, I'll vote for Obama, and for Casey, and for whatever Democrat steps up to the plate in whatever gerrymandered Congressional district they've got me in this decade.

But I won't buy into the Party, and I won't be sending off scads of campaign contributions to support these guys this time around. Because even with Newt's racist rants, and Mitt's bowing down to Corporate Personhood, I'm not convinced that the powers driving the Democratic Party are all that much different than those at the core of the Republican Party, with the end result being that where we end up is right about in the same sorry position no matter which party is in power.

I don't believe that top Democrats are at all devoted to Democratic ideals. And until they show me otherwise, I don't want to be a member of their team.

No comments: